5 Easy Ways to Stay Healthy at Work
We all know how being healthy helps us be more productive. When you’re healthy, you feel great, you’re more energized, more alert, and happier—which makes your work, and your team dynamics a whole lot better.
So why should staying healthy at work be so hard?
The good news is, it doesn’t have to be. Here’s 5 easy ways you can stay healthy at work:
- Go for a lunchtime walk. There are so many benefits to going for a walk at lunchtime (or really anytime)—even just for 20 minutes. It gives you the sunlight and boost of energy you need to keep going strong, it lowers your cholesterol, lowers stress, fixes your posture, and you name it. Plus, it’s just nice to get out of the office sometimes (yes, even for us).
- Choose the stairs. This is an easy one. Yes, the elevator’s easy. And yes, it won’t leave you out of breath when you get to the office. But guess what: after taking the stairs for a few weeks, you might not even get out of breath anymore. In fact, just seven minutes of stair climbing a day can halve the risk of heart attack over 10 years. On top of that, it’ll help you fight stress, aid your sleep, increase your good cholesterol, promote weight loss, and tone your legs, too.
- Plan your meals. You see it everywhere nowadays—people prepping their meals for the week in containers in their fridge. But there’s a good reason: it works. When you prep your meals, you don’t have to scramble something together, and you definitely don’t have to go spend money on something unhealthy. You can make something you love—whether it’s the same thing every day, or something different. The easiest way to do this is to make a lot of extras at dinner one night and portion them out into containers. The nutrients you’re getting from a healthier meal will give you a boost of energy, and help you get healthier, too. Plus, it saves you calories, saves you time, and saves you a ton of money in the long run.
- Add some natural flavor to your water. We all know the benefits of drinking more water every day—weight loss, more energy, less stress, etc. And the easiest way to drink more water is to add a little flavor to it. (We’re not biased or anything.) Having some fresh fruit around makes it easy to add a little flavor to your water, and it makes a tasty snack, too. And if you really want to boost water drinking in an exciting new way, we’re your water cooler [LINK: GET BEVI].
- Get the whole office involved. Maybe there’s a team activity you can all do, like yoga, kickball, softball, or mindfulness. Or maybe it’s a fitness challenge that asks employees to compete against one another. The team initiative motivates employees, and the team activity encourages team bonding and boosts morale. It’s a win-win—literally!
What do you do to stay healthy at work? Tell us in the comments below!
- Health and Wellness